Various people i know have told me that 2.0.15572.0 dashboard is rolling out right now. Like always this dash is being rolling out in waves so you may not be prompted for any updates right now (but it will eventually happen).
A breakdown of what i have read till now:
- User reports suggest that there is nothing new on surface in this update. People have updated their consoles and games are still working.
- The effects on RGH consoles is still unknown as i haven’t seen anyone talk about that till now.
- C4eva is going to analyze this firmware and let everyone know what its about.
Like always, it is strongly recommended that you wait for c4eva to confirm that this dashboard is safe for users of LT+ 3.0 and 2.0. But if you still want to update then do it at your own risk.
If you do update your console it would be appreciated that you post your results here with the following info.
Console drive : e.g. Samsung, Liteon etc
Your Current Firmware: e.g LT+ 3.0
Games you tested: e.g Gears of War 3
This information will help everyone here as some people are often unsure about updates.
More updates/info will be posted soon.
Update: A couple of things have happened since the initial 15572 update started rolling out.
1. Yesterday microsoft released another update i.e 15574 after some small bugs were found in the initial 15572 dashboard.
2. Ubergeek, a very prominent member of team xecuter and an admin on the TX forums, posted the changes and important information related to this update. This is what he posted on the TX forum
Due to hundreds of mind numbing questions from confused members, here are some clarifications regarding the new 2.0.15572.0 or 2.0.15574.0 update
1. If you currently use JTAG/RGH do nothing but wait for freeboot / jrunner / xebuild to be updated to 15572/4. You have nothing to worry about. I’ve already tested the 15572/4 patched pre release and it works great.
2. If you don’t use RGH but intend to, make sure you are updated to a split cb version (phats 14717 / 14719, slims ANY version below 15572) and then do a full dump using NAND-X or a J-R Programmer. We also recommend you get your CPU key (using a CoolRunner & JRunner). Do this and you will always be able to glitch.
3. This does not affect using a DemoN at all. If you do #2 then you can always run a stock 15572/4 along with Xbox Live and a patched NAND on the DemoN (with correct LDV value).
4. Slims use RGH2 code, not RGH1. They always have. I hope the questions and confusion about this now stop.
5. With RGH1 you cannot use Xbox live when using a dual nand, you can with RGH2
6. When you upgrade a phat to 14*** it becomes split_cb (like the slim) – there is no downgrading to single_cb (RGH1) – that’s why RGH2 was created in the first place.
7. LT+ 3.0 fw is working fine. As always revert to stock, update then reflash.
You can find this post here
Ubergeek has summarized everything quite clearly so users on LT+ 3.0 can update to this dash safely. People with a JTAGed/RGHed console should lay off the update for now as it wouldn’t really help them anyway.
More updates and news to follow.
p.s: thanks to the large number of users who posted updates on whether their games were working or not after the update.