Photo

Imgburn Settings For Xgd2 And Xgd3 Games.

ImgBurn Settings

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#1 imarss

imarss
  • LocationFar East

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

Since many are troubled with their settings on ImgBurn, I decided to create this tutorial to share and help.
These are the settings I do for my XGD2 and XGD3 games.
I hope that this tutorial would help you in burning your Xbox 360 games successfully.
By the way, I'm open for constructive criticism. Thanks XboxPirate.eu

ImgBurn Settings
Download ImgBurn here:

http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
Always run the ISO of the game you want to burn on ABGX 360 to ensure that the ISO is fine and not corrupted

General Settings:

• Click the search icon under "Source" and then browse and open the ".dvd" file of the game you want to burn
  • Under "Destination", select your DVD drive
  • Choose either 2.4x or 4x as your write speed (whichever is supported by your media and drive)

VlLqqOL.png

I do not configure anything on the I/O settings but you may if you want to.
This is the suggested settings if you get I/O error on 40 - 50 % when burning XGD3 games on non Lite-On drive
Thanks to LightStorm28 for the share
mv2MDmK.png

Close all unneeded programs and don't run 'HEAVY' programs while burning.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I. XGD2 GAMES
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go to "Tools" > "Settings" > "Write", and copy these settings below. Click "Ok" to save changes.
RhHoMez.png

* There is no need for BurnerMAX Payload tool or special DVD burner such iHAS to burn XGD2 games, meaning any dual-layer burner will burn them successfully.

II. XGD3 GAMES

A. For Truncating and Overburning XGD3 Games:

If you do not have a compatible DVD drive for BurnerMAX Payload Tool or an iHAS B Revision Burner flashed with BurnerMAX firmware,
then these settings could be for you.

Go to "Tools" > "Settings" > "Write", and copy these settings below. Click "Ok" to save changes.
Bvup8Ii.png

There will be an alert box which will pop-up asking if you want to truncate or overburn the burning method since there is no enough space on the disc to burn the image.

Truncate method were formerly been recommended but because new games tends to give "Unrecognized" / "Unreadable" disc error when being truncated, overburn became more reliable than truncate method for 2013 games.

*I would only recommend truncate method if you'll be burning 2011 and 2012 XGD3 games
(except for Kingdom Of Amalur: Reckoning and Hitman Absolution since they give issues when being truncated)
9HERxOu.png

For 2013 games, it is highly recommended to choose "Overburn"
qJLNNCt.png

If you chose "Overburn", you will get an I/O error when you reach 97% and you'll see that there are 20 retries on ImgBurn log, just click "Cancel" on this pop-up to get to finalizing disc process
6T4Y3bN.png

Choose "Yes" if asked to try and perform "Close Track / Session / Disc" functions
BxRf2ZO.png

B. For BurnerMAX Payload Tool

*It is highly recommended that you use Verbatim for successful burning and for longer disc readability since non-verbatim or cheap discs may not work.

aYB3ZD4.png

If you have a Lite-On DVD Drive, go to "Change Advanced Settings"
UqKXvoH.png

Go to Lite-On tab then:

• Enable Force HyperTuning
  • Disable Online HyperTuning
  • Disable OverSpeed
  • Enable SmartBurn
  • Do not Clear OPC History

1J9t06I.png

You can also go here if you want a thorough tutorial on how to burn XGD3 games using BurnerMAX payload tool:

http://xboxpirate.eu/forums/topic/1017-how-to-burn-xgd3-games-using-burner-max-payload-tool/

C. For Flashed iHAS and Cross-Flashed DVD Burner

*It is highly recommended that you use Verbatim for successful burning and for longer disc readability.

This settings may only work for media with disc ID of "UMEDISC DL1-064", "MKM-001-000" and "MKM-003-000"
Keg52vz.png

Go to "Change Advanced Settings"
UqKXvoH.png

Go to Lite-On tab then:

• Enable Force HyperTuning
  • Disable Online HyperTuning
  • Disable OverSpeed
  • Enable SmartBurn
  • Clear OPC History

1J9t06I.png

See this tutorial if you want to know how to burn XGD3 games on Non-Verbatim or Cheap Discs with iHAS:

http://xboxpirate.eu/forums/topic/2360-burning-xgd3-games-on-non-verbatim-or-cheap-discs-with-ihas-imgburn-settings-included/

Source: CS Posts and Yasha Video Tutorial

Edited by CS, 01 July 2013 - 06:30 PM.

#2 darkd2

darkd2
  • LocationThe 7th Hell Brazil
  • Currently Playing:Assassins Creed 4, Tomb Raider Definitive Edition

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:31 PM

Thx, its help me a lot

#3 LightStorm28

LightStorm28
  • LocationBarletta, Italy
  • Currently Playing:GRAND THEFT AUTO V

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

imarss good work. Thank you! :)
Anyway, If someone doesn't have a Liteon burner, he can solve the problem of the error on 50 % when burn a XGD3.

Posted Image

#4 CS

CS
  • Administrators
  • Currently Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

Another brilliant tutorial imarss. Thank you. :)

#5 bobsandbag

bobsandbag
  • LocationLiverpool, UK

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

Great tutorial! This would have come in handy when I first got my iHas drive!

#6 imarss

imarss
  • Topic Starter
  • LocationFar East

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

imarss good work. Thank you! :)
Anyway, If someone doesn't have a Liteon burner, he can solve the problem of the error on 50 % when burn a XGD3.

Posted Image

Is this for BurnexMAX payload tool?

Another brilliant tutorial imarss. Thank you. :)

Welcome CS. I cannot do this without the posts you shared so thanks mate :)

Edited by imarss, 11 March 2013 - 08:53 PM.

#7 Ramitachi

Ramitachi
  • LocationMorocco
  • Currently Playing:Metal Gear Solid V : Ground Zeroes

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:10 AM

thanks ^^ so when you burn game normal by Overburning you met 2086912 ? and when you burned with payload burnmax you met 2133520 ? why the numbers are changing ?

#8 imarss

imarss
  • Topic Starter
  • LocationFar East

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

thanks ^^ so when you burn game normal by Overburning you met 2086912 ? and when you burned with payload burnmax you met 2133520 ? why the numbers are changing ?

that is because with burnermax payload tool you have maximized the capacity of the disc giving you the layerbreak that is higher than the normal optimal

#9 Ramitachi

Ramitachi
  • LocationMorocco
  • Currently Playing:Metal Gear Solid V : Ground Zeroes

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:37 PM

now i understand thanks for this tuto ^^

#10 speed2.0

speed2.0

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

thanks very complete guide

#11 chicharitohdz14

chicharitohdz14
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

Which settings do i use for XGD3 games 2086912 or 2133520 ??? i have a non liteon ihas drive

#12 CS

CS
  • Administrators

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

Which settings do i use for XGD3 games 2086912 or 2133520 ??? i have a non liteon ihas drive

2133520 = If you have a ihas drive or if you are using the burnermax payload tool
2086912= If you are truncating or overburning.

#13 chicharitohdz14

chicharitohdz14
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

2133520 = If you have a ihas drive or if you are using the burnermax payload tool
2086912= If you are truncating or overburning.

ok thanks but when i try to burn my game in truncate it pops up a windows that says that if i want to use the user specified (2086912) or if i would like to use the correct one (2133520) so i click yes but the process of truncating says that a 97% i will get a pop up and i dont get a pop up, so did i burned my game correctly?? (i use 2086912 and i try to burn NFS the run in a nonliteon or ihas driver)

Edited by chicharitohdz14, 18 March 2013 - 09:14 PM.

#14 CS

CS
  • Administrators

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:54 AM

ok thanks but when i try to burn my game in truncate it pops up a windows that says that if i want to use the user specified (2086912) or if i would like to use the correct one (2133520) so i click yes but the process of truncating says that a 97% i will get a pop up and i dont get a pop up, so did i burned my game correctly?? (i use 2086912 and i try to burn NFS the run in a nonliteon or ihas driver)

If you are truncating you wont see any error at the 97% mark, this happens in overburning.

#15 chicharitohdz14

chicharitohdz14
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

ok thank you :D

#16 KH3LED

KH3LED

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

Exact settings I use.. great settings ! :D

#17 zoma_elgaaaamed27

zoma_elgaaaamed27
  • Locationelmahalla_elkobra-Egypt

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:54 AM

thanks for all

#18 thalesvasc

thalesvasc

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

hello imarss, i've wasted a lot of DVDs trying to burn Assassin's Creed 2 and always getting the same error.
i have the burner Ihas 120 D (with burnermax payload tool for XGD3)
The question is:

If i burn xgd3 games perfectly with no errors, why the simple xgd2 game i cant go through?

When i run abgx BEFORE burn, i got all green, all fine but..when i try it AFTER with the burned DVD look at this:

Posted Image

Edited by thalesvasc, 14 April 2013 - 12:38 PM.

#19 CS

CS
  • Administrators

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

hello imarss, i've wasted a lot of DVDs trying to burn Assassin's Creed 2 and always getting the same error.
i have the burner Ihas 120 D (with burnermax payload tool for XGD3)
The question is:

If i burn xgd3 games perfectly with no errors, why the simple xgd2 game i cant go through?

When i run abgx BEFORE burn, i got all green, all fine but..when i try it AFTER with the burned DVD look at this:

Please post this in a new topic as this question isn't relevant to the tutorial above. You can post this in the 360 Game help section.

#20 thalesvasc

thalesvasc

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

ok man, but i think this is relevant cuz i've used the settings he recomended and i got this error a couple of times.